Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day!



This past weekend I whipped up some outfits for the girls to celebrate Earth Day.  Themes help with inspiration so these were sewn relatively quick.  I even made one by upcycling! Ha.  I also made these because I'm participating in Kids Clothes Week, where you try to dedicate 1 hour per night sewing for the little ones!



This fabric was picked out by the girls a very long time ago and I wasn't sure what to make with it.  I used the Party Dress tutorial from The Cottage Home for the bodice and added a circle skirt to make it a peplum-ish top.




I added some giant buttons to the back with elastic loops so it would fit comfortably.

















She LOVED it thankfully.  I made the circle skirt a little big so I added some pleats to the front and back.  I think it made it even better.

The other dress was made using two Jerzee tshirts and the Let's Go Fly a Kite Dress tutorial from Craftiness is not Optional.  I added some lady bug buttons that I had sitting around.










I think she loved hers too which makes me VERY happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment