Sunday, October 27, 2013

KCW - Final Day

With Halloween less than a week away, I used the final day of Kids Clothes Week to get some costumes underway.  I spent more than just an hour on them (goal of KCW is hr/day), but all in all they were pretty quick.

I started out with Peter Pan.  I used the recess raglan pattern for the top, just extended to tunic length with zig zag the hems.  The leggings were made from tracing some leggings the girls already have.  I made the hat out of felt following a tutorial over at Make it and Love it.  I also made a felt belt with D-rings but forgot to photograph it (updated - added pic).




Tinkerbell took a bit more time and thought.  I started out with the recess raglan pattern again to make an undershirt since it may be cold trick-or-treating.


Then I hacked apart a women's ribbed tank and added sequins and trim to make a Tinkerbell bodice.  The skirt is a bunch of satin leaves sewn to elastic sequin trim, and lain on top of a tulle underskirt.  Pretty straight forward, yet took me all day of starting and stopping and fittings.


I can't wait for trick-or-treating pictures!  It will be our first time participating!

Also linked at:
Take a Look Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! My kids were peter pan and tinkerbell way back when my girl was three! Love both costumes!!!

    ReplyDelete