Friday, February 14, 2014

Project Run & Play Wrap Up

If you've been keeping up with me lately, all this will be old news to you.  I had a lot of fun sewing along to season 8 of Project Run & Play.  It is always a little difficult to come through with a look for each week, but I managed.  It's not that I lack ideas, just time - as we all do.  This season I had the idea to sew each week's look to match the others, so they would come across as a proper collection. Here's each week's look and the themes:
The first two looks included the same colors and fabrics, but the rest of the looks were a stretch to call it all a collection.  They do have a common bright blue theme though, my favorite.

The biggest news from it all is that I won the Signature Style sew-along look with my version of the Esmee Dress!!!  I could not be more excited.  The level of sewing in the sew-along pool is tremendous.  I definitely think the wonderful floral fabric and my happy model helped me get a win.  That means I need to stock up on more beautiful fabric and make more adorable babies, right hubby?  Ha. 

The kind words everyone has sent about the dress has been the best part.  The sewing/blogging world has some of the nicest people - especially those that follow project run & play.

This week they are asking for submissions that will be voted on to earn an open spot on season 9 - I was going to put my signature style up for contention, but went with my Downton Abbey inspired dress instead.  Mostly because it's freaking adorable on my girl and she is infatuated with it.  Though she also wants to wear the Esmee dress every morning also.  She's definitely developing an opinion on clothes - the fancier the better!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!!! I just screamed in the car reading this, haha. Congrats!!!!! So exciting, & that dress is adorable - well deserved :) Love the downton abbey one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the challenge! Your creations are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressive to see all your PR&P projects lined up here together - thats some great sewing!! You really deserved the win :) Good luck with getting a spot on Season 9!

    ReplyDelete