Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cat Staple Dress


This dress was a long time coming.  Months (maybe a year?) ago I came across a bunch of Staple dresses online and fell in love.  But was still hesitant to purchase the pattern.  Why?  Because it's a pretty simple pattern and I was pretty sure I could just draft something myself.  So confident in my abilities, ha.


Well maybe I could draft something, but it would not be as perfect as this pattern.  I purchased it as part of the Perfect Pattern Parcel #3 bundle (great bundle!).  I can't say enough great things about the pattern.  I would recommend it to anyone thinking of making something for themselves for the first time.  It is a pretty simple sew, but creates a flattering dress with refined finishes to the neckline and sleeves.  I had absolutely no time with the seam ripper with this pattern, which most likely makes me love this dress even more.


I went with the high-low hem even though the dress is made with quilting cotton because it just looked too cool.  It doesn't flow as well as an apparel fabric would, but I LOVE this fabric.  It's by Cloud 9 (Sunnyside Gray) and available at JoAnn Fabrics.  I bought 3 yards of it a while back knowing I would make something for myself to wear even though it's quilting cotton.  The cat and floral print is so beautiful and makes me happy.  There aren't just gray cats in the print (can you spot them?) but they are what I see first when I look at the print.  Yeah, I'm a cat lady and this won't be the last cat print I wear :)


Or the last Staple dress I make....

No comments:

Post a Comment