Monday, November 3, 2014

Twirly Anna


So yesterday I told you that one sister chose to be Belle at a recent princess party, while you've probably figured out from the preview pic that the other sister decided to be Princess Anna.  I basically make Anna dresses for a living (see Etsy shop) and already have made her a nice everyday princess dress that she looks adorable in.  However it wasn't "twirly" enough so I promised her one that was...


I used the Pretty In Peplum pattern once again.  I'm finding it's great to use the pattern to combine knits for the bodice and woven for the skirt - that way it is both comfortable and fancy.  (plus no zipper or button closures - wahoo!!!)  I'm considering posting a tutorial on how to modify the pattern for Anna or Elsa if there's interest...



Attaching the circle skirt to the bodice certainly made it twirly enough.  However it made it more time consuming cutting out all the appliques needed to fill up the skirt.  


I usually use dimensional fabric paint on my Anna dresses for embellishments, but for this one I tried out appliqueing the bodice and skirt with knit scraps and Heat N Bond.  I like how it turned out, but paint is faster and looks good too.  

Now what princess should I do next?!?!  I'm becoming addicted to sewing them.  I had planned on doing Ariel a year ago, so she's probably next.  Though there's been some mention of Rapunzel...

1 comment: